Friday, February 5, 2010

nostalgia

school..school..school.. what else can I say?
Almost a month now, homework is there, test is there, and you always try your best to finish it.
Yesterday I called Mom.  She went back home for a visit.  She is doing well.  I got to talk to Sau as well.  It's been a long time I haven't talked to her.  How our lives have become so different and yes...too far apart.. but at the same time, everytime I listened to her voice and heard her stories, and how she is doing...it brought tears to my eyes.  I'm glad she is doing well.  Maybe I will pay a visit sometimes in the next couple of years.  It has been a long time...and who knows how long she is going to be there.
Hearing her describing her days and how much she is making, it tore my heart.  Whether I have become more Americanized and accustomed to my living environment...over here, you don't have everyone around you and you just have to strive on your own.  It is sometimes difficult to imagine oh our life used to be like that.  We used to live in the same house.  Dad used to take me here.  Now...everyone is living in a corner of his/her life.  We are busy doing our things and sometimes forget others....
It makes me miss Dad.  I thought of him recently.  I wondered whether he would be happy seeing our family growing...I wondered whether he would be happy seeing I'm doing fine in school and keeping up with all the things around me.  I wonder...where he is now.  His face instills in my heart...I will always be missing him..
It's raining hard...

No comments:

Post a Comment