Saturday, April 4, 2009

Stress.. unemployment... unrelated to pharmacy again

What the world that we live in...

Almost every week we hear about people die because of stress and unemployment.
We all face difficulties in our life and it has become more apparent that stress can make people do things that they don't normally do.
Over the past months, I have read news about normal family man killed his family. Unhappy man killed people where his wife worked. Angry immigrant became a killer that took life of more than 10 people. I wonder what I would be life had they learned how to cope with stress?

Some people are born to be able to handle stress better than others. I am not. I have to learn how to handle stress through practice. Last semester was extremely stressful. Losing an important person in my life in the middle of the semester was very hard. I lost my focus once in a while and it took a lot of effort to get them back. I did stress out over test but I also did tell myself that I would try my best in whatever it is and we will see what would happen.

We sometimes create stress for ourselves by prioritizing things. It is not bad to prioritize things but putting them in the wrong orders can be dangerous. If money is the most important thing on the list, losing a job would be detrimental to the people who now lost their only incomes. If having a family is the most important in the list, losing a wife or a child might detrimental to one's mind.

Our action is not defined by our reaction to our external environment. We tend to react to whatever come to us. And yes, sometimes it is just an instinct reaction. We might have thought it is not an instinct but it is.

My sympathy goes out to people who have lost their loved ones as well as those who have lost their life. We always want things to be different but sometimes things are not going the way we want them to go.

Be well you all

No comments:

Post a Comment