Tuesday, September 1, 2009

it's fall...

I guess I should be studying but I do love writing.
I love to write mostly about what I think.  I love to write about things surrounding me.
The temperature has cooled down significantly in the past day.  No longer was the intense heat combining with humidity.  My glasses won't get fogged up probably for another few months if not another 7-10 months or so.
Changes are always here.  I never noted the pattern each year even though I should have.  But why bother noting pattern when we can always look at the present and appreciate it for what it is?  Yes, the leaves will turn color.  It will then fall on the ground.  This pattern has been expressed numerous time in literature, magazine, and talks.  It's often talked about because it is so beautiful to look at and yes most of us will probably remember the moment we stand there appreciating nature as it is.  It's shedding to have a new cover.
And it is like that with everything in life.
We turn our leaf daily without noticing it.  Every little change we make in our daily life will contribute to the bigger change a year from now, two years from now or even ten years from now.
It is hard to accept that you have changed.  Comparison does not mean much if it only gives you misery.  Instead, look at the hard fact and learn about what have you changed and why have you changed.  The outcomes and reasons might give you insights of who you are at the present and probably who you want to be in the future.  Many reasons to live, many reasons to believe and yes sometimes we are stuck in one single post not knowing where to turn...sometimes because we haven't looked at ourself... sometimes because we haven't admitted that we've changed...
Last fall, I was a different person in this world.  This fall, I have changed into a different one.  The basic characteristics are still there.  Some are sharpened with times.  Some have become dull through neglect and the un-necessary.  After all, you can only live the moment of your life once.  So why not take advantage of it and do something that you might not regret later.  Even if you do regret, just remember you have chosen it... and move on...

No comments:

Post a Comment