Monday, August 2, 2010

When the conversation took place...

Today...I take a break to breathe, to learn, and just to be..
Our car broke down and needed to have it fixed in order to get back home.  As we waited for it in the garage, we asked to be shuttled to the nearby mall for some food.  On our way back, the conversation was more than I asked for.  I always learn to appreciate new things or old things no matter what it is.

Our driver is probably in his late fifty if not early sixty.  I asked him whether he had lunch.  He said yes.  He ate a bit and he had lost a few pounds in the past few months.  I asked him whether it's for health reasons.  He told us about his medical condition.  It turned out he had myeloid leukemia, a blood cancer disorder.  Diagnosed more than 10 years ago, a bone marrow transplant lasted him for 3 years.  Remission and then rounds of chemotherapy.  He has survived for 10 years...until this year when the disease starts to crop up once again threatening to take his life away.  As I sat listening to his story, I asked about his family.  He said he had 4 children.  It reminded me of you Daddy only that you have less than 4 months from the time of diagnosis to the time you passed away.  His cracking voice touched my heart and I almost let down the tears thinking his family must be praying for his survival right now.  As we approached our destination, he told us to stay safe and have a good trip.  I wish him to have another 10 years.  I wonder what will happen to him.  He said he has survived for 10 years and he really wishes to have another 10.  I do hope so.

Live healthily, live happily...I do wish you have another 10 years....I do wish by then you don't have to worry about your remission and if you really have to go, I wish it will be as pain free as it could possibly be.

Best

No comments:

Post a Comment