Sunday, October 9, 2011

Rotation Update

Tomorrow will be my second week in hematology/oncology rotation.

The rotation itself is demanding because there are lots of reading (mostly because I want to read).  Assigned reading is not available so you have to go and find your own information.

I love my patients and I can't lie about it.  These are people fighting for their lives.  In this wing, prejudice doesn't exist.  Why? Because they are all in the same playing field. Hoping for a better tomorrow.

My first week went by and I'm still trying to grasp everything I can.  Lots of information and lots to learn.

What I realize is that...like meditation, you continue to progress...and continue to improve.

I made a template to summarize information about the patient in my first inpatient rotation.  Now, the template is updated and I continue to modify it to make things better.  On top of this, I also add more information and learn about what I need to check for each patient.

The day starts before the sunrise and often ends when the sun is about to set.  But I can't leave work at work.  Even when at home, work comes to home as well.  On top of this, I need to finish my project by the end of October.  The presentation also needs to be done by the end of October.  The abstract needs to be written by mid-Nov and the presentation will be delivered Mid-Nov.

Talking about it makes me feel a bit anxious but I know I can do it anyhow.  ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment