Monday, October 10, 2011

Time and time again

how many times do you say what you mean?



Every time a person passes you by, do you say "hi" just for saying?  Do you really mean to ask about their well-beings?


Is it our habit to say a word that we don't mean to say?  Should we practice constraint and only say the things that we mean?

I realize that when I ask "how are you", I pause for a second to listen to their responses as we passed by in the halls.  I guess I do try to mean what I say.  But then I also realized that many times I said things to not feel left out of a place and totally don't mean what I say.  I also know that if I start to consciously think about what I will say, sometimes I end up not saying anything at all.

Does it hurt to say the thing you mean?  It definitely could because if you really mean what you say...and if it is something hurtful, the other person might get hurt.  But...it might not be too bad if you choose your words carefully.

So don't act to your impulses...think before you say...because you might think you are helping the other person but in fact, it only creates more conflicts.

Respect the others just as they have respected you.

No comments:

Post a Comment