Saturday, October 10, 2009

First NC wedding

I went to my first NC wedding today... interestingly enough,  I don't know the groom and bride.  But they are so pretty and happy together.  I was invited because he was my best friend's relative.  The groom's father was such a humble, funny, intellectual man.  His speech cracked us up.  Funny but still very deep. :)
I took 10 hours off from studying... yeah, that's a lot to drive for about 2 hours in order to get to the wedding.  The ceremony was great.  The food following the ceremony was good but the dinner was okie... I wish the food was a little bit warmer.  It was kind of cold.
There are about 250 people.  Everybody was so happy to be there.  The atmosphere was warm and cozy even though the AC was full blast and I had to put on a sweater.  Unexpectedly, I got a gift from M's relative.  He bought it for his daughter without knowing her size... it was too small so he gave it to me.  It was beautiful so I decided to wear it for the wedding instead of my dress haha. :D I always get free gifts. :)  Will need to write him a thank you note.
It is the first wedding that I saw everybody in the room I mean 90% of the people stand up and dance with the music.  I've never seen anything like this.  Their dance floor was not big but everyone crammed in and it was such a lively evening.
Another interesting note...it's the first wedding where I saw ... such an interesting group of people from many different ethnic groups.  It's just so nice to see... because I miss it dearly.
I talked to one of the guests... and at the same time realized that... all the pharmacists that taught at my school are all Caucasians!  Many times I don't think, they understand or realize that.. some of us were raised very differently.  We used a lot more natural products in the past.  We tended not to use medicine.  We believed in  what we were told.  Denying all of our beliefs right out in class... was a little bit harsh I think.

I was introduced to a lot of people.  Had several interesting conversations before heading back home.  The traffic was bad because they closed 3 lanes!!!  Bottle neck effect..

It's getting late... I think I should hit the bed now

Another complain I have about some of our professors this year... definitely less understanding. I won't say any names... but yeah.. some people were just outright rude!

No comments:

Post a Comment