Thursday, March 5, 2009

the day before the day before spring break

okie... as promised... I'm going to write some more until school is going to be too busy that I couldn't write.

We have lab today. In contrast to micro, immuno, or even bio lab... this is skill lab. Yes! It's called skill lab. We develop skill to become a good pharmacist. While skill lab is very useful, it's just a little bit time consuming and sometimes I'm feeling like things are just rushing by.

But once in a while we do fun things in lab. For example, we get to taste nicotine gum in class today... not only so.. we also try the lozenge which gave me an allergic reaction immediately! We learn how to counsel patients on different products because I think that is what we will be doing after graduation... you can't be a pharmacist without knowing what you dispense ;-).

Once in a while... we do have to compound products. I have to say I like compounding... when we don't have to rush with time. I wish it was just a completely different course instead of trying to incorporate it into skill lab. Compounding is a skill and it needs to be taught properly.

We got to do hydrocortisone today..... but we put it in a stick just like the deodorant that you see in the market. Mine turned out very well actually.... And oh.. as first year student, I have the privilege of using class A balance! yes!!! it's the one you put weight on one side and your desired to be weight product on the other... how interesting is that. It doesn't take as long to adjust it... if you get the weight boats that are quite equivalent in weight. Mine : one is 1.3 g... the other 2 g (no trailing zero ;-) we learn that in school). So it took a long time to balance because I have to throw these two out! We got out early only to ... find ourself busy writing paper in the computer lab.... which I have finally realized have color printer!! how awesome! and they are a lot cheaper than going to Staples !

Anyway... this is my break from writing... until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment