Friday, November 13, 2009

irb.. writing

I don't think I've been up this late for a long time...
I guess when you promise something, it's hard to pass the commitment. Maybe that's the reason why I find it hard to commit to anything.  I had hard time deciding whether going to the cafeteria with group of friend or stayed in with another group of friends.  God knows what was going through my mind.

I finish the first draft for my IRB. It wasn't easy because... I have never written one before.  Even though it's just writing, it's the audience that is different.  It's no longer being a graded paper.  It is now a proposal for a study.  It is no longer read by a TA who might or might not have a cup of coffee before he dived into a 10-page essays.  It is now read by our faculties... people who teach me classes.  Anxiety? yeah... scariness? yeah.. but completing it is satisfactory and it's worth so much more.  ^_^

I guess it's important to find what you like and if possible develop it to a skill that can help you in the future.  I like writing even though not a terrific writer.  But I know with practice, things will get better.  In fact, with just being careful, things will get better.  How many times have I overlooked something?  Too many too count.  Simple things aren't often obvious.
But I also realize... even as a pharmacist, there is a niche for writer.  I will keep it in mind and learn more about whatever opportunities there are.
It stops raining for a bit now but the wind is blowing hard.  I'm fortunate to be sheltered in the warm house.  How many people are as fortunate as I am?
Living in this part of the country, I've learned to deal with different types of weather.  Reading from a friend's page "If you think sunshine brings you happiness, you haven't danced in the rain".
It's such a wonderful quote.  What can bring you happiness but yourself? :)  I remembered the walk uphill was hard in the beginning, the feeling of tiredness was undeniable but eventually these feelings are long gone.  Whether it is a sunny day with an unimaginable humidity or an extremely windy and cold condition, who can really take the sparkle in the eyes?  it's all about perspective... and perspective changes with time...

No comments:

Post a Comment