Monday, November 2, 2009

napping time...

I should be studying... well I was.. so I'm taking a break probably more frequent than I need to.

It's getting a little bit crazy now but it's okie.  Things will calm down in a few weeks... they will arrive soon enough.

I've discovered the power of napping.  In Vietnam, people tend to take afternoon nap. I never did because I never had time to do so.  Running from different places never allowed me time to nap.  I never developed a habit of afternoon nap either.  But recently, I've discovered that napping really gives me a lot of energy.
I nap when I feel tired.  A 30 minutes nap is so refreshing.  It takes about 5 minutes for you to start feeling the effect after the nap but it's so well worth it.  When my brain gets so wired and tired, a 15 minutes nap would do it.
We learn something interesting in class today...old folks are so smart..."there is a saying... if you watched a lot of kungfu drama show: it takes a poison to rid of another poison..." well, for organophosphate which can be toxic to human due to its ability to bind to Acetylcholine esterase is often resolved when administered or given carbamate ( compound that can compete with organophosphate to bind to acetylcholine esterase).  Both of them, given in excess can be dangerous.  But organophosphate is a lot more toxic due to its ability to bind irreversible with Acetylcholine esterase.  I guess, the older folks don't need to learn about medicinal chemistry to talk about what's happening in nature ^-^

The more I learn, the more I realize, there are a lot of merits in the old saying...
I remember somebody told me that : it's not good to announce your pregnancy too early... wait for about 2 or 3 months or so.  Well, the truth is, spontaneous abortion is very common.  So even if you are tested positive for pregnancy, there is a high chance that your fetus won't be able to survive due to spontaneous abortion in the first few weeks.  So... here you go!  :)

anyway... I should get back to studying...

No comments:

Post a Comment