Wednesday, November 18, 2009

on birthday

It's another day... well... it's been raining pretty much the whole day but I didn't let the weather dampen my mood a bit ^_^
I just added another year into my life.  I am blessed for surviving until this year.  I know I am totally lucky!
I am grateful for all the wonderful people in my life.  I would not have been the way I am had I not met and learned from them.  ^_^  You all are part of my life.

I went to the local senior center with X. to help the seniors signing up for their medicare part D.  Unfortunately, there wasn't any clients available.  I will come back on Friday though (hopefully I am fully prepared for my exam on Friday Afternoon).
Ran a few errands.. finally got to the bank after a few misses... Returned the backpack that was not built as I expected... then I got home and found a small package on my doorstep...
Tiny package but contained so much love and thoughts.  I was completely taken by surprise as I opened the box...no diamonds... no gold... no silver... they are just simply my favorite croissants... I miss them just as much as I miss the beautiful weather and the familiar faces that I will get to see in December...(okie.. I miss the people a whole lot more than the food)... but they are coming from my favorite dessert store... they were shipped express overnight...It was a wonderful feeling knowing that you are cared for.  Thank you with all my heart!  It made me feel so special :-)

I called co P to say happy birthday to her as well (who would have thought we have the same birthday! ^_^ )  We are like best friends...and yes it is better this way than anything else.  I knew had I been her daughter our relationship would not have been like this.  I'm glad she's doing well and everything is going great as well.
I called Mom who was on her way with the rest of the family to the beach...I think they forgot it was my birthday.  I didn't know why but there has always seemed to be a tension between us no matter what I tried.  *sigh*.  I can't be the daughter she wanted me to be and I don't want to be the daughter she wanted me to be.  We are both stubborn. I guess that is how we are so alike and yes so different.  She made a point not to honor my birthday I guess because I followed the solar calendar and to her it's not an appropriate way to do. I don't mind her using her lunar calendar but I couldn't understand why she couldn't honor mine. I am one of the luckiest people on the planet because things always seem to work out very well without much effort.  No matter how many times I told her I will be staying here for the summer, it always crosses her mind that I will be with her... no matter how many times I explained to her... she just couldn't grasp the concept that...there is a life that I would like to follow and it might not be the one she has wished me to go.  I'm trying to mend the relationship... I'm trying to show her... it is about time for her to understand her children will have their own life and go in directions that they would like to.  I guess it's a hard concept because who would like to let go of the things you love.  With her repeatedly telling me that I will be with her for the summer make me realize she never listens to me... but that's okie... because it doesn't matter much.  She has never listened anyway.  It doesn't hurt my feeling, neither will it change anything :-).  Things go on and I'm moving on.
Sometimes... when things like this happen, I try to reflect on the purpose of being born, dying, and being reborn again.  The cycle never stops unless you do something to stop it.  I like my life... and yes I see the suffering.  My mom is suffering from me not listening to her.  She's suffering from surviving my father.  She's suffering from her inability to make differences in her life at the moment.  I am sad for her but this is part of life.  We are living the life that we create... this makes me wonder what I would like to do.  Things are never easy...the cycle continues to roll..
Working with people in my class makes me realize... my reasoning is different from my peers.  But it is okie...no one is the same on the surface...
need to hit the bed now...
happy new day! happy new year ! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment