Friday, August 5, 2011

august storm?

The first week of August has gone by so quickly!!

To me it's like what? half a month has gone by? really?

I've learned a lot this week. I've read a lot this week. Now I realize I need to prepare a lot for next week as well. It really seems that I keep working and moving from one thing to another.

I've started weight lifting recently or to state it correctly working with weight. We will have to wait to see the results. I think I just need to build some muscles because currently I have none and this really limits the amount of food I can eat. They said when you have more muscle, you can eat more. This is exactly what I want!

The research project is still going. It's going better I think because I've worked out the kinks so now it's just the labor. I try to call it the labor of love! (I do love what I do but it's just a lot and a lot of love!)

I've been listening to this song all night! It's interesting how the same song can be sung in many different ways.

The original singer: Charles Aznavour sang with a voice that kept your attention and made you aware.


But when you Roy Charles sang with, his voice was so sad and full of regrets that make me love this version at a whole new level. I think he was able to make the song touch my heart and



And a few decades later, Roy Charles still delivers the song nicely. Although there is a crack in his voice and no longer was there a smooth transition between notes, his rendition still makes an impact as to how the lyrics directs it.



And when Charles Aznavour delivered it a few decades later...I think we can see very clearly how the two gentlemen interpreted the song with different emotions



For me, I think I like Roy Charles's version a lot more. Maybe because it's down to earth and maybe because I was able to feel his emotion when he sang this song and how much thoughts he put into it.

you can listen and judge for yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment