Friday, August 12, 2011

nostalgia

Can i share this music with you?


It's so touching and moving! A moment of nostalgia...

I was looking for a dictionary earlier in the day and came across a reference book that I bought a couple years ago. Unintentionally, I opened to see the surprise passage. The book landed on the chapter about Karma. I have heard karma from time to time and have tried to explain what I learned about Karma from time to time but to say that I truly understand is a stretch. So I started reading a few pages and the message brought me back to the time I was training in a few years ago at the center. It was hard and it was painful but mixed within the discomfort is the sweet fruit of determination. Little did I know what happened to be a short training session has changed many things about one's self. Time after time, I continue to flash back about what happened then and remind myself to continue to practice. Time is scarce but one needs to make time for what is important.

I started making fermented glutinous rice. I didn't go to the store to buy the fermented yeast (out of laziness). Instead, I used the liquid (supposedly containing fermented yeast) from the store-bought fermented glutinous rice instead. I don't know if this is going to work but we'll see in a week. I'll report back to see whether it's actually edible! :D

My kombucha is growing so fast and so well!!! Seriously, if this keeps up, I will run out of jar and will have kombucha for a very long time! I'm glad though because now I don't have to pay big bucks for a small bottle. Very happy about this.

so what new thing have you tried doing this week? Maybe my goal should be trying to do something new once a week or once a month. So by the end of the year, I will definitely have learned something. :)

good weekend y'all

No comments:

Post a Comment