Monday, August 15, 2011

Winter Waltz in the summer air

I couldn't believe that I couldn't find this song by Jim Brickman on youtube!

So this is a cover of Winter Waltz!



Interestingly enough, I wrote about career decision yesterday and today an article about people who left their primary career to go to what were considered as secondary career. A sign for me maybe? I don't think so but it's good to reflect on though.

The article did mention that they followed what they had dreamed of and had always wanted to do. It is a bittersweet moment I guess. Leaving a very good job to open one's own business. Doing what you think you love everyday but the work hour can be extremely exhausting. Sometimes I do wonder, I can quit many things and just do one thing. But then I realize, my entire time will be focusing on that one thing and will there still be fun moment?

Currently, I always work to find time for different projects. Just today, I got an email saying that I need to complete this and that. This is on top of what could be a very well 10-12 hours a day. This is just for one project while I have many others lining up behind. Sometimes I do feel, one should distinguish what is a hobby and what is a passion.

One can have many hobbies and they can change from months to years. One day, you are probably very into working various drawings. The next month, you might want to try your hand on a motorbike instead. I do feel that when I have time to work on sometimes on the side, I feel very happy but if I were to spend my entire day doing just that, I wouldn't be too happy. Because it was just a hobby and it was not what I am passionate about.

But I think what you feel passionate about will be able to manifest itself in various forms and shapes. As a result, you have somehow incorporated it into your life without knowing it specifically. Or once you have become conscious of what you are passionate about, you start to be more proactive in decision making. Maybe this is what I am doing. Step by step, I'm working on something that I am happy about but the distance between me and what I want to accomplish seems to be very far and there are many obstacles. Is there a way around it? I don't know. Using what I have to foster what I want ^_^ (sound like s shopping slogan!)

Good night for now...much to think about... much to write ^_^

"like a like" (C)

like a snowflake
pointed
shining
transient

like a raindrop
lingering
on the leaf
after the rain

like a blue sky
shifting
through the wind
in the sun

life shall I call
multifaceted
lingering
and shifting



No comments:

Post a Comment