Sunday, August 14, 2011

the rain keeps on pounding

Our Same Word by Yiruma (maybe I will one day get to see him in a concert?) :)



And the rain keeps on coming... it's raining hard outside...it might be the last rain season that I will witness here. The roof might be temporarily leaking again. Last time it did quite a bit of damage to my kitchen utensils!

It's been a quite few years. I have come to love and come to be familiar with this place. At the same time, I am also ready to move on to a different place. I went grocery shopping today and realized that very soon, I will probably have to learn everything from scratch all over again. But it is okie. If I start counting the weeks, I wonder how many it would be. It's already mid-august.

From time to time, I ask myself what it is that I want to do. I wonder whether you do the same. While I juggle between projects (professional and personal), I wonder why I have to try so many things. What is it that I really like and would not be tired of doing it every day?

I realize I do miss writing. I do miss working creatively. I used to write more often (not technical writing but more of creative writing). I wrote a small book that needs to be edited. I wonder when was the last time I had it read. Maybe I should take it out and start reading it again to make modifications.

If the trend that I have been observed is correct, I will probably rewrite the whole thing. It has come to no surprise to me that in the past few letters that I've sent (professionally) as well as essays that I wrote, I pretty much rewrote the entire document the second time around. Not that it was not good in the first place, it was a rough draft which needed to be polished. And I did after the second, the third, and the fourth etc.

Very soon, I will have to start the whole writing process all over again in anticipation of a new application cycle. May I head to the right direction... if not, I hope something would come and stop me :)

night night..

pounding rain

the rain keeps on
pounding
on the rooftop
into the windowsill

the raindrops tiptoe
while thunder and lightning
shine
through the night

was it the rain
or was it the sound
wiggling
to my heart

it keeps on pounding
pounding
pounding
and
pounding

(C) please credit if used!

No comments:

Post a Comment